Sunday, March 28, 2010

Designer Rugs....simply inspirational!





I've had an interest in hand woven rugs for about 10 years now. My collection is still very small...minuscule in fact, compared to serious carpet enthusiasts but gradually my collection has increased over the years. Mostly I buy kelims... I'm drawn to their rustic colours and texture which work so beautifully with timber floors. However, the 'piece de resistence' of my small collection is a beautifully crafted mixed weave carpet from Iran that I've had for about the last five years. I was browsing at a Cadry's carpet exhibition in Sydney and was completely taken in by the combination of fine hand knotted wool and simple tabby weave in a traditional design. I have since been banned from going back to any Cadry's exhibitions unless my husband comes with me to keep my enthusiasm in check.





Lately though I've been browsing the www to indulge my interest and thought I would show you these photos I came across on the Designer Rugs website of inspirational rugs designed by local textile designer Julie Patterson of Cloth Fabric.




I adore her design style! Uncomplicated and her colours work so well together.















1 comment:

  1. these rugs are too cute! I love the design!

    ReplyDelete